The dilema of the pointy toe shoe trend is one that brings up mixed emotions for many women with big feet.
On the one the classic pointy stiletto is the perfect go with everything power shoe, chosen carefully it can make you look sleeker, pulled together, and more elegant. On the other hand a pointy toe just adds length to an already long foot, and can make your feet look bigger, and frankly, who wants that?
The 90’s trend is back again this spring and summer, and Carrie Bradshaw lives yet again. Michelle Obama, our size 11.5 big shoe hero worked the trend to great effect in her inauguration wardrobe. However don’t be fooled into thinking that this trend is more for conservative tastes.
Shoe collections this summer show sexy thick ankle straps attached, a subtle reference to bondage styles for the bad girl fashionista in you as perfect demonstrated by Ms. Tyra Banks (size 11.5), want a pair for yourself? Check out J. Renee – Marli (Black), available up to size 13.
Here’s a little cheat sheet to picking the perfect pointy stiletto that will be most flattering for women with blessed with larger feet.
How to choose large size classic stilettos for women with big feet this spring
1. Choose single soled shoes rather than the towering platforms we’ve been seeing around in the last few years. The single soles are more delicate and less heavy looking than platform heels.
2. Choose an almond shaped toe rather than a true point. The gently rounded almond shaped toe is the most flattering toe shape on a shoe for women with big feet. It retains the sleekness of a true pointy toe without the pesky added inches like the Kelsi Dagger ‘Eliza’ Heel (Grey/Coral) heel below.
3. Choose a shorter vamp i.e. the part of the shoe leather that’s actually on your foot. It’s more flattering for large feet because there is less leather on the foot. It also avoids the shoes looking frumpy. As a guide try to get shoe that covers no more than half an inch below the bottom of your second toe (the one after your big toe).
4. Choose a heel height that works for you, sky high, mid-heel or even kitten if you’d rather. Its better to be able to walk gracefully than not at all.
5. Choose a heel shape that works with your leg shape, a skinny heel could make can make heavy calves or ankles look heavier. In this case go for a more solid stacked heel.
Our favorite single sole pointy toe trends for this Spring
How to Rock the pointy toe trend for women with big feet
The good news is that you already have the perfect out fit right there in your wardrobe because this trend will go with pretty much everything from power suits to a baggy pair of boyfriend jeans and a t-shirt. Our favorite ways to wear it are:
With so much choice available this spring and armed with our handy cheat sheet it’s easy to rock the pointy toe trend for women with big feet.